October 17, 2016

CHINA | THE 1920 (9)

Previously: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
The following morning, we went to what I would call a more elite neighborhood featuring a circular plaza with gardens, fountains at the center, and cafes and restaurants along the perimeter. 

IMG_6887

IMG_6889

IMG_6892

I thought the set up was very nice and quiet, with an ambiance that was completely different from most restaurants in China. Because of the neighborhood this restaurant was in, it was definitely a lot more expensive and high class. In hindsight, I like how I chose to have German food in China...


IMG_6894

The first was just a baguette-like bread and also a sweet pumpkin bread as an appetizer. As we munched on this, we also got our drinks. The tea set was really beautiful and elegant, but the tea itself was a little overly fruity. My coffee, as expected, was watered down.

IMG_6895

IMG_6896

As we settled in, the food began arriving and everything just looked so good. I don't remember the names of everything but I'll try my best to describe them!

Pictured above is shredded potato with ground pork - it tasted like a really good Shepherd's pie, with a salad on the side. The dressing was sweet with a little bit of lemon to it for a kick.

IMG_6898

Next, came the pizza. This was delicious as different as it looks. The "crust" itself was more like a waffle than a pizza crust. Topped with a salad, radish, corn, prosciutto, and a soft-boiled (quail's?) egg, it made for a really tasty combination. 

IMG_6899

I didn't actually try the pasta as pictured below, mainly because I wanted to try everything else. It had a cream-based sauce and bacon bits. From what my uncle told me, it was really good!

IMG_6904

IMG_6906

Last to arrive at our table, after we had finished everything, was a sandwich. I didn't actually end up eating this because I was already really full, but let's just enjoy the presentation!

IMG_6907

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)