August 10, 2016

BOOK REVIEW | ABOUT A BOY BY NICK HORNY

When I first started this book, I had difficulty trying to get through it mainly because I couldn't relate to any of the characters. Although that isn't always necessary for me to enjoy a book, it certainly makes it more difficult when I don't particularly care about the story.

The more I read, the more interested I became mostly in how the fates of the characters would turn out. The plot began to develop as the characters' lives became more intertwined with each others'.

Moreover, I loved seeing the way the characters slowly developed and matured in different ways, and in different aspects of their lives. Personally, I would have liked to see more surrounding the topic of depression but considering the point of views from which the book was told, it was understandable.

Overall, it was a short and sweet book that had a good overall message. I think it would definitely be suitable if you were looking for a short and enjoyable read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)