July 14, 2016

BE SAD

The past week has been emotionally draining and challenging. In our society, it is common for sadness to be overlooked, to be dismissed, to be seen as a sign of weakness. However, I think it is perfectly fine, normal even, to have a really good cry once in a while just to let out our emotions. Furthermore, it's even worse to bottle up our anger and sadness as that usually leads to letting it out on the people that are closest to us.

finding comfort
Photo Courtesy of Rona Keller



Recently, I started to practice yoga through the Youtube channel, Yoga With Adriene. Every time I finish practicing, I feel more empowered and in control of who I am, in control of my own emotions and decisions. Being in touch with who we are and embracing it is so important in that it allows us to really be comfortable with who we are. Sometimes it can be hard to accept failure or criticisms, especially when they come from ourselves. Somehow, yoga has taught me to live in the moment, to live with patience for myself and those around me.

With it being the beginning of summer, this is the first time in the past few years where I haven't had to take summer classes just to expand my options for university. Even though I had been planning on getting a summer job, a few complications arose such that I no longer have a summer job. Instead, I have time to spend with myself and re-evaluate what my values are especially since I'm stepping into a new chapter of my life. Despite it being only the beginning of summer, it has sort of been a shitty one to say the least but I'm vowing to try and make the best of it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)