June 19, 2016

Sunday Snapshots | Father's Day

IMG_4839

Waking up this morning to the fresh air of an open window, the chirping of birds outside, the sun, having just risen was spreading its rays slowly across the tops of houses. I love waking up early to sit and enjoy the silence, the early hours before the city comes to life. 

Today is Father's Day, and despite not having the best relationship with my dad, I am still grateful for what he has done. Deep down, I know that I would not be where I am today had it not been for him. However, I also do believe that it is OK to not get along with people, even if they are your parents. Sometimes there are differences in opinions that bring about an inability to truly agree, to truly get along, no matter what. But as long as there is respect, and an attempt to understand each other, that's what matters.

I just read a great article here, talking about how a father always stands behind his children. Although all children have different relationships with their fathers, I think it holds true in most of these relationships that a father will always support his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)