June 12, 2016

Sunday Snapshots | Endings and Fresh Beginnings

Here are a few photos I took on a walk around the lake by my house last week. The weather today is a lot more cloudy and rainy, but I love it. To start off, her are a few flowers that have actually bloomed even more!

IMG_4972

IMG_4974


IMG_4984

IMG_5009

IMG_5010

The past week was my last week having high school classes and that fact still hasn't truly settled in yet. However, the more I think about it, the more nostalgic I become, remembering all the moments of laughter, of tears, of anger, but also of happiness. These past few years have challenged me physically, mentally, and emotionally, yet I would not have traded it for anything. It is through all the pain and tears that I have become who I am today and I am proud of that.

It's weird to think that I am nearing the age of an adult, yet exciting! Similarly, I cannot wait to start my adventure and new life in university, but I am also completely terrified. Although the last 3 years of high school have been a struggle, I have finally struck a balance and found comfort within a busy lifestyle. With that being said, I know that it is only through discomfort, through being challenged, that I will grow even more into who I am.

IMG_5025

IMG_5030

IMG_5038

I also wanted to take the time to briefly talk about Christina Grimmie, a Youtube singer who was violently, and fatally killed Friday night. Like she always has, she was only spreading kindness and good in the world, signing autographs for her fans. I was so heartbroken by this news because I practically grew up listening to her covers, singing along with her and getting those exact songs stuck in my head. She has left the world too soon. Rest in peace, Christina. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)