June 27, 2016

Music | Adagio

adagio: moderately slow; at a walking pace

ADAGIO
Photo courtesy of Como El Agua
In this fast-paced, internet-based society, it can become easy to fall into a mindless routine, to fall into a constant "go-go-go" mentality, to forget to appreciate the small moments of being relaxed and having nothing to do.

After 3 years of this "go-go-go" mentality, I am finally on a summer holiday where I don't have to take a summer class, where I don't have to study, and I'm not really sure what to do with my time. The word I chose for today was adagio to remind myself, and everyone else, to slow down a bit and take everything at a walking pace. It's important to treasure all the times we have to spend with our friends; I recently became really close with a friend and although I'm going to miss her when she leaves for university, I also feel really happy for her.

Towards the end of the school year, I just wanted time to slow down a bit so that I could just take some more time to spend with my friends and "make up for lost time." But time refuses to slow down, life refuses to slow down, but our minds, we are in control of our minds. So let us slow our minds down, let us take the occasional break from all the shit in our lives, and just sit in the moment, in the silence, in the awkwardness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)