June 02, 2016

Explore YEG | JOEY Jasper

JOEY Jasper | 11228 Jasper Avenue

Ever since I got my license, my mom and I have been going out to eat at various restaurants to really try something new! Our most recent adventure: JOEY Restaurants

IMG_3861

IMG_3866

This is the Superfood 500 ($14.00) | organic red quinoa, wheat berries, raw vegetables, watermelon radish, almonds, mint, avocado

This is the first time I've ever heard of watermelon radish, so naturally, I was intrigued. It tasted pretty much like daikon, but the bright colours really do help make the dish look more attractive! The salad was a bit smaller than I thought it would be, but it was still quite filling because of the quinoa and avocados! I also really liked the wheatberries, almonds, and mint which helped give little pops of flavour here and there.


IMG_3867

The Chili Chicken ($12.50) | tempura-style chicken with cool cucumbers and a chili sauce

In my opinion, this is a relatively easy dish to make at home, but still pretty tasty to eat! The chicken was done perfectly, and was still good a day later. The chili sauce tasted just like the Thai chili sauce that you could get in store. I liked it, but it's just a bit overpriced for what it is - what isn't overpriced when you go out to eat though?!

IMG_3869

The Key Lime Pie ($9.00) | Florida key limes, freshly whipped cream

I was afraid that this would be really heavy, but it was surprisingly light! The lime zest on top really gave it a bit of "zing", if you know what I mean. I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)