May 08, 2016

Sunday Snapshots | Nature

The weather the past week has been absolutely GORGEOUS in Edmonton, even a little hot in my opinion! My ideal temperature is around 15 degrees Celcius because I can wear shorts but still be a little cool. It was my friend's birthday on Friday, so we all went for a little breakfast at SugarBowl at Garneau! I'm always in the mood for one of their cinnamon buns which are HUGE and delicious.

IMG_3604
I also ordered a breakfast sandwich there! It was really filling and tasted amazing.
.
IMG_3668

However, amongst all this warm weather, the fires in Fort McMurray are still raging on and are absolutely devastating. It is so heartbreaking to see these pictures surfacing on the internet and knowing that so many families will not have a home to go back to. No matter what your opinion is on the oil sands and what happens at Fort McMurray, these are still people with families, children, pets and lives. We all have to make a living somehow, and I think it's important to remember that we're all human.

However, it is always in times of tragedy that we see the real heart of Canadians. Throughout the week, I've noticed many businesses extending a helping hand, offering free food or services and donating portions of their earnings to Fort McMurray. My thoughts are with anyone affected by these fires.

IMG_3678
A view of the city from across the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)