May 19, 2016

Explore YEG | Kyoto Japanese Cuisine

Kyoto Japanese Cuisine: 10128 109 Street

IMG_3529
I was a big fan of the interior - especially these lights.

IMG_3531
The accompanying Miso soup and bean sprouts with the Don Gyu.
IMG_3532
Left: Don Gyu; Middle: Isobe Roll; Right: Kyoto Special Salad
The Don Gyu was a bit pricier and perhaps not exactly worth it in my opinion, as it's a rather easy dish to make! The beef was also a bit overcooked, making it tough and chewy. As for the taste however, that was pretty good.

I really liked the Isobe Roll - tuna, salmon, and avocado wrapped with seaweed and coated with tempura! The texture was really interesting - biting down on the crunchy tempura then having the fish and avocado just melt. 

The salad was also very tasty and I think a lot of it had to do with the dressing they had. I can't remember what it was exactly, but it had a tangy sweet taste to it. The salmon and tuna on the salad weren't perfect but passable. I did appreciate the variety of ingredients in the salad - Macadamia nuts, pecans, cranberries, grapes, strawberries. 

IMG_3533
Black Sesame and Green Tea Ice Cream!
The dessert was probably one of the best parts as the flavours just burst in my mouth! I even switched back and forth between the two and could still taste both flavours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)