April 10, 2016

Sunday Snapshots | Home made

I always love watching my mom as she prepares a larger meal, usually on Thursdays. These are usually my days of learning how to cook different meals and also to truly appreciate all the time, effort, and different components that are put into a dish. Today's menu:
Spicy Sour Soup

IMG_2212

First of all, she pan fried a fish just to get the outside a little crispy and the meat inside mostly cooked. It is better to use a fattier fish (like salmon) in order to bring even more flavour to the soup!

IMG_2213

There are actually a lot of ingredients that went into the soup that I don't remember. The sourness comes from a type of seasoning that I can only really name in Chinese, my apologies. However, the later pictures will show what other vegetables we put into the soup!

IMG_2220

Here is the fish taken out of the soup after it was left in there to boil for a few minutes!

IMG_2221

The soup: Okra, tomatoes, pineapple, bean sprouts, and another vegetable whose name I honestly do not know.

"It was all there - the old flavours I knew, the beautiful salt, the sweet, the excellent taste." - Chang Rae Lee, Coming Home Again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)