February 07, 2016

Week 5 | Mornings

Back to the usual grind of waking up at 6AM for school, then still waking up early on the weekends because of work and also because my body is just used to waking up early. There's just an extremely magical feeling associated with the mornings, where you're the only one awake, sitting, listening, being, and watching the city wake up as more cars line the street, as the sound of horns grow louder, as the construction begins, as people begin to file into work, and you're just there, observing.

I've always been a morning person but as high school wore on, I began waking up later (so around 9 or 10 which is probably early for some people). Recently, as you may or may not have noticed, I've started waking up earlier and taking some time to relax. Of course, I can't do that on days where I already wake up at 6 unless I want to be dragging myself around the whole day. BUT, today,  I woke up around 7:30, went downstairs, made a cup of coffee, then climbed back into bed to type this up and catch up on other blogs.

I'm really enjoying taking pictures every day because it challenges me to actually compose my shots rather than taking pictures on the go. I'm going to try creating themes for myself, or finding certain themes to follow each week. For the next week, as it is Chinese New Years tomorrow, my theme will be to capture this energy of Chinese New Years!

32/365
32/365: I've gotten into the habit of waking up earlier and it's actually extremely relaxing to take a walk around the lake and take pictures as the sun rises.
33/365
33/365
34/365
34/365
35/365
35/365: Homemade pho by my mom! :)
36/365
36/365: The book I am currently reading..
37/365
37/365: Thai Chicken Salad Bowl! :)
coffee in bed
38/365: Enjoying a good cup of coffee first thing Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)