January 29, 2016

A Day Well-Deserved

Freedom at last; all my mid-terms are finally done and over with! The last mid-terms of my high school career. Even though we had a turn around day - no school - my body and mind were still tense and decided it would be a great idea to wake up at 4:30. I've always had trouble going back to sleep so I was in and out of sleep for another hour and a half.

IMG_0596

IMG_0571

IMG_0574


A few weeks ago, the spin studio YEG Cycle opened up on Whyte Avenue and my friend and I decided to go after exams, just to try something new. (New year, new me) Since we arrived an hour earlier, we walked around the river valley, waiting for the sun to rise.

21/365


The people at the studio were extremely friendly and welcoming; their energy was extremely positive and I didn't feel intimidated at all even though it was my first time there, and my first time spinning. The studio was extremely clean too - the entrance and changing rooms. Our motivator was Kara, and she was absolutely amazing. Even though I haven't had another motivator, she was just a great pairing for the encouragement that I needed. The class was definitely difficult, but I'm convinced that I can push myself even harder. As I'm sitting her right now, my hamstrings and calves are quite sore, but I'm already thinking of going back as soon as I can. If you are looking into trying something new, I would highly recommend trying spin!

After an extremely fun but tiring workout, we walked to Farrow Sandwiches (on our increasingly sore muscles) and tried their sandwiches for the first time. They were amazing.

IMG_0602


IMG_0598

Untitled
The John Stamosa
Untitled
The Grick Middle

Then to Block 1912, of course.

Untitled
The Caramel Banana Chocolate Cake
There were a lot of things that went well that day, and it was just the sort of day I needed. If you're ever feeling stressed, my best advice to you would be to take a day off to yourself, or with friends. Explore your city and get to know it. Many people say that Edmonton is boring, but I'm currently at yet another cafe typing this blog post up.

29/365
Where I am currently sitting..
I have a feeling that this city has a lot to offer and of course, a lot of room for improvement and new businesses. Especially with the downturn in the economy, I encourage everyone to start investing in local businesses! There are a TON on Whyte Avenue - instead of going to Starbucks, check out Block 1912, Transcend Coffee etc. Edmonton has a lot to offer, you just have to look around!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)