September 08, 2014

Product Review: Organic Gluten Free Black Bean Spaghetti

Image taken off of website

Organic Black Bean Spaghetti 

$10

Explore Asian Cuisine (Purchased at Costco)

Disclaimer: I am in no way being sponsored by the parties mentioned below. All statements made are purely my own judgement and opinion.


In May, I decided to start living a healthier lifestyle. In other words, I gave up a lot of the junk food and also grains that was part of my daily diet; imagine my parents' reactions when I told them I wouldn't eat white rice. As I was out grocery shopping at Costco, I saw another customer purchasing this and thought it was really interesting, I never thought that there would be an alternative for pasta like there was for rice. It's also gluten free!! :)

The first time cooking this, I was surprised at how brittle it was when dry, but when it was cooked, the texture was really similar to normal spaghetti, just thinner. Don't let the colour throw you off! The taste is not peculiar, and if I were blindfolded, they would taste exactly the same as normal noodles.

I usually mix this some corn and tomatoes, then add some Mrs. Dash on top for flavouring. There are obviously many more recipes and I will be trying them soon as well. If you have any other suggestions, please leave them down in the comments! :)

This is what I usually make! It's pretty tasty but you can add other seasonings of your choice! 

This is just some home made tomato sauce over the spaghetti that I made.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you're quite the chef! And now I really want to try this spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks :) You should try it, I personally think it's a pretty good alternative to normal white spaghetti! It's just thinner, but generally is the same.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)