August 10, 2014

Mid-Summer Update

I can't believe it's already August, which means I have less than one month left before school starts. Here's what I've been up to recently:

1. I've watched hours and hours of Friends, and am planning on watching some other shows before school starts. It's probably actually one of the funniest shows I've watched so far, and it just puts a smile on my face every time I watch it. For some reason, I really enjoy watching old TV shows.

2. I've started the 52 Lists Project (source), a project where I have to make a list for every week of the year. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be started in January, but I was extremely bored. Hopefully this project will help me open up my mind and stay creative since I couldn't find a full list of prompts for all 52 weeks.

3. My friends and I go biking around our neighborhood quite often. I'm also trying to stay as active as I can throughout the summer, and hopefully finding some time to keep active once school starts.

A picture I took while biking with my friends.


4. I will be volunteering for the next week at a summer camp, teaching arts and crafts to children. I'm a bit nervous because it's my first time, but I've taught kids before so I'm hoping it will go fine.

I haven't been motivated to read at all lately, but I will find some time to relax in the backyard and read on the deck chairs. The weather has been really lovely lately, with enough breeze to cut through the heat. The books that I plan on reading in the last few weeks are: The Cuckoo's Calling, City of Heavenly Fire, and The Revenge of Seven.

How has your summer been so far?




2 comments:

  1. I still need to read City of Heavenly Fire ... I started it but put it down for some reason and I was already about 100 pages or so in!


    Glad your summer is going well! Mine is, too. :) Enjoying the nice weather, though I have to admit that the 30+ days are making me long for fall ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to get started, and also finish The Cuckoo's Calling first.

    The weather is lovely, but it has been extremely hot the last few days and I can't wait for the weather to cool down a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)