August 11, 2014

Book Review: Fire With Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian



Book from Lisa

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this book because I remember liking Burn For Burn but it didn't really live up to my expectations, especially after reading The Summer Trilogy. (I completely bawled my eyes out in those books) However, when I finished the book, I found myself wishing that the next book would come out sooner! It was a lot better than I had expected!


The events were not too interesting throughout the book, but it those small things really added up in the end. In my opinion, the plot of this book was well supported throughout and was enough to keep me reading. I loved seeing the paranormal factor that was hinted at in the last book, really start to reveal itself.

There weren't any new characters so it was easy to get back into the series without being crazily confused. It was just an extremely easy read which is good because it was exactly what I needed to get back into reading! I probably wouldn't be friends with the 3 girls in the story, but I could still relate to them in terms of wanting to get revenge sometimes, just not to the extent that they do.

In this book, I really grew to love Lillia's character because of the dilemma she went through; whether to be selfish, or help her friend to get revenge. Her seemingly innocent character has a darker side which was made evident in this book. I found myself really being able to understand all the characters and where they came from because there were no clear protagonists/antagonists.

The ending seriously surprised me, it's one of the main reasons why I wished that there was more! Even though the main topic of this book was, like the last one, about getting revenge, it really started delving into deeper topics, especially through Lillia's. 

Related Reviews: 
My review of Burn for Burn
Lisa's review of Fire With Fire



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)