July 07, 2014

ARC Review: Rogue by Gina Damico



Going into the final book of this trilogy I was sort of afraid as to what would happen, especially after having read Allegiant (which I actually started slamming against my desk because I was SO INFURIATED) I hate it when trilogies or series end up being a huge let-down, or if the series is evidently going downhill (The Mortal Instruments ahem).

It had been a while since I read the last two books, and being me, I was too lazy to re-read them. However, it wasn't hard to get back into the world of the Grimsphere simply because Gina Damico put in little reminders here and there that eased me back in.

I was glad to see that the same sarcastic humour was still there, along with the highly entertaining and diverse characters. It is clear that each of the characters have evolved from the first book. They have a deeper understanding of the events occurring around them, and make attempts to try and fix things. I really liked the blossoming of new relationships, and also how the old ones continued to be developed as well. And of course the romance was still there, with all of its awkwardness that made it even more adorable.

The plot of this book was enjoyable, mainly because the other two books were leading up to the bigger moments of Rogue, but they were a lot freer and relaxed. Rogue was different, and I actually liked it because there was action, but occasionally there would be humour that would make me chuckle. I absolutely loved the fact that it would be all serious, full of tension, and then someone would just crack a joke.

There isn't much I can say about this without actually spoiling the book, but I highly recommend reading this series. It's funny, amusing, but at the same time, an extremely well written and crafted story.


3 comments:

  1. I feel like the ending of this book was really well done, their actions were actually reasonable! I don't absolutely hate Allegiant, but man oh man, I was so disappointed. After what happened, I didn't really feel like reading anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book was decent, but I felt like the ending was too open-ended for me, like there wasn't enough of a resolution. I really liked what Veronica Roth did though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting to see the different opinions, and I think that's one of my favourite things about blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)