September 10, 2013

Review: The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore





Review


So we are finally onto the FOURTH book of the Lorien Legacies and it is going to be a bit difficult to do this review without giving away any spoilers! However, I will mention that any characters I mention will probably be a spoiler but I won't be giving anything away from this particular book!

Let's start out with the romance, which I felt wasn't the biggest part of the book. We've got this whole weird love triangle/square thing between Sarah, John, Six, and Sam. I have one thing to say and it's that Pittacus Lore (whoever he is) is good at developing relationships but at the same time... not? I'm just completely not feeling the whole John and Sarah thing, but instead, the Six/Sam or John/Six is more appealing. Tell me what you think!

Now onto the action of the plot. After The Rise of Nine, which by the way, was PACKED with action, I think The Fall of Five was a nice breather. However, that does not mean it had no action whatsoever. There was this scene in which they were all training together and I LOVED it because we got to see everyone's Legacy in action. It was great to see the remaining Loriens get together and be at each other's side to fight.

I liked the way this book was consistent with the multiple POVs because sometimes a person's POV would end in a sort of cliffhanger way, and it just put me on edge. Also, it's great that there are multiple perspectives from both the human (Sam) and a few Loriens, but not all of them... that would be overwhelming.

At the end of the book I ACTUALLY started hitting my head with the book because... REASONS PEOPLE, REASONS. As always, Pittacus Lore does a great job in writing scenes of action and also developing a book's plot. If it follows the status quo, the next book will be out next August!

P.S. My video review will be out soon!



2 comments:

  1. Another Book BlogFri Sep 13, 12:28:00 pm

    I've been thinking about jumping into this series for a while. Pittacus Lore is actually two guys writing under a pseudonym, and one of the two guys is James Frey (who is amazing). YA is a big departure for him, which is really cool. And the series sounds cool too. You'd recommend it, I assume?


    Glad to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should read it! It'll be a better YA book than dragon-humping ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)