Hello readers and Armchair BEA participants! :) Today is the kick off to Armchair BEA and it's just going to be a short little introduction where I answer a few questions about myself and also a genre discussion about Classic Literature.
1. Please tell us a little about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
Well, I'm Leanne and I'm currently still in Junior High/Middle School and moving onto High School next year. I live in Canada in a place called Edmonton where we don't get enough bookish events. :) I've been blogging for over a year now, but the Armchair BEA marks my year for really getting into blogging. The reason I started blogging was because I found out that there were such things as giveaways for books and that completely BLEW MY FREAKING MIND. Then, as I searched for giveaways, I stumbled upon a blog called Book Twirps and it BLEW MY MIND AGAIN that people blogged about books. Then yea, I started this blog. :) I actually used to have a blog where I would rant to, essentially, air, but I deleted it.
--------- Whoops, that was a bit long.
2. Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year?
Since I met Kristilyn because of the Armchair BEA after party on Twitter, and when we found even more bloggers in our area, I've been on the look out for more bloggers in Edmonton. I honestly just love meeting new people, even if I suck at holding up too many relationships. This time of year is where I put all my effort into really just getting involved in the blogging/reading community and commenting on different blogs.
3. What are you currently reading, or what is your favourite book you have read so far in 2013?
4. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I honestly have a fear of too many things. Heights, spiders, other creepy crawlies, things that fly, asymmetrical holes (IT'S A THING GUYS, HERE GOD IT'S SO DISGUSTING), the dark, THE FREAKING FUTURE. I know, I'm way too uptight.
5. Name your favourite blogs and explain why they are your favourites.
- All the Edmonton Book Bloggers because they are my buddies. :)
- Book Twirps: As mentioned before, this blog sort of brought me into the blogging world
- The Perpetual Page Turner: I just love the features she has on her blog.
- Beautiful Mess: THE PHOTOGRAPHS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
- Radiant Shadows: I fell in love with the design of the blog, and the blogger is an amazing person. :)
- Novel Sounds: Very interesting design as well!
So onto classics............................. The most "classic" book I read was To Kill a Mockingbird and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm not the biggest fan of classics though, so yea! That's all for today, and I'll see you tomorrow for "Blogger Development and Genre Fiction". Have an awesome day!
P.S. I'll tell you first that I might take a while to start commenting because I have Track Practice today after school!