May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA: Blogger Development & Genre Fiction

Welcome to Day 2 of the Armchair BEA! Today, the topic will be about hwo we develop ourselves as bloggers. Whether we branched out into the community, monetized our blog, whether we're long term, etc....





I still consider myself to be quite new to blogging even though it's been a year, I've still got a lot to learn! I feel that I have branched out into the city community by finding other bloggers, but not so much in the sense of reaching out to others for guest posts or things like that. Starting this blog, I didn't expect to get a lot of viewers so my goal wasn't to monetize my blog. Honestly, I just want to do this out of interest and it'll be pretty cool to make money from it, but I don't think I have enough readers to do that yet.

Developing myself as a blogger is kind of a difficult subject to talk about just because I'm not sure exactly how I did it. All I really did was post reviews, and other posts, then commented on other's blogs. An essential thing to blogging, I think, is to connect with the people around you and really interact with them. That's what I think is one of the key points to blogging.

So what draws me to a specific genre? Romance that is DONE RIGHT, and not INSTA-LOVE is something that I highly enjoy reading about. I love books that makes my heart flutter, and more importantly, makes me cry. Honestly, I like a wide range of books and I don't really have anything specific to say, but romance is something that I really like to read about when it's done right.

P.S. Happy Birthday to my mom :D

8 comments:

  1. I agree, it is essential to connect with other bloggers. It also makes the whole experience more enjoyable. Lately, it seems like there's a whole lot of insta-love out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think connecting with others is actually one of the most enjoyable parts of blogging as well! Personally, I love it when I can find something in common with others and make a comment or tweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal BrunelleWed May 29, 10:03:00 pm

    I think you have the right idea. Connecting with people is key to making this a fun experience. I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The interaction with others is key to success. Having consistent, quality content is the other. I think you're doing fine & with a few goals in mind, you'll be able to develop yourself even further! Tattooed Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I think I'm starting to get a better grasp of everything so I can start setting more goals for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Insta-Love drives me crazy, and it's ruined several otherwise very good books for me. I prefer romance that is built up slowly and doesn't go straight from two characters meeting for the first time to declaring their undying love for each other seconds later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly! I hate it when they're so willing to die for each other because of some unknown higher force or whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)