April 10, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare





Title Clockwork Princess
Author Cassandra Clare
Series The Infernal Devices #3 (#1: Clockwork Angel || #2: Clockwork Prince)
Publisher Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published March 19, 2013
Read March 25-26, 2013
Source Chapters
Challenge 2013 Bingo Reading Challenge (Category: TBR Pile) || 2013 TBR Pile

Goodreads || Purchase

Review

After finishing this, I remembered why I had come to love Cassandra Clare, who was another author contributing to my love of books. She was able to write with emotion, truth and mysteries that I just loved. But as I read City of Fallen Angels and City of Lost Souls, I felt that love for her books kind of die down. Clockwork Princess helped rekindle it, and I might have even changed my mind about reading The Dark Artifices.

I finished this book and literally just tweeted about it, talked about it with a few bloggers, and started walking aimlessly around my room. I am just overwhelmed by the amount of feels, and just completely torn about the ending as well. WAIT DON’T LEAVE, I WON’T SPOIL ANYTHING OK? Well, just not anything from THIS book, but if you haven’t read the previous ones, then use your discretion as you read this.

The biggest thing for most readers was probably the romance, the love triangle. Cassandra Clare really pulled it off and made it seem so real. I admit I was more of a Will fan. Although, the love between all three of them was even more palpable sometimes than the love between the Jem and Will, Tessa and Will, or Jem and Tessa. The fact that the three of them together had each taken a part of another’s heart was probably what made me actually like the love triangle.

As you can imagine, there was a ton of heartbreak in the book, and towards the end, I found myself incapable of NOT crying. It was a lot more emotional than any of Cassandra Clare’s other books, and for that reason, it has become my favourite.

I’m glad that things ended happy for pretty much everyone, but at the same time, it was bittersweet. A lot of things were hinted at before and even more so because I read The Mortal Instruments. I felt that everything had ended nicely, although maybe too nicely. I felt that Cassandra Clare just wanted to please everyone. Some things could have just not happened instead.  With that being said, I still really liked the way everything ended. If you know what I'm talking about, (it's at the end), then I have kind of changed my opinion about it. I read Cassandra's blog post and understood why it happened, and now I'm just going through even more feels. SPOILERS ARE IN THE LINK ABOVE.

I don’t have a lot to say about Clockwork Princess, just because I don’t want to spoil anything! I really like the family tree on the dust jacket, but it provides just a BIT OF A SPOILER. I was smart and didn’t look at it until I finished the book, haha. Anyways, I actually prefer this series to TMI mainly because it is set back in the past. I loved seeing the chivalry and all that cheesiness just oozing from the book. I'm normally not a fan of it, but I guess it just FIT into the era.

I really hope that everyone enjoys this because I honestly thought that it was a great ending to the whole story of The Infernal Devices. After finishing this, I had to keep reminding myself that it was JUST A DAMN BOOK, but I couldn’t. So here are the GIFs of how I feel:


8 comments:

  1. I finished this last week and really enjoyed it. I wasn't a huge fan of City of Lost Souls, either (didn't mind City of Angels so much). I was feeling some Shadowhunter burn out, but I was really pleased with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you loved this one! I thought it was a decent ending to the series AND I'm sad that the series is over, but I didn't totally agree with everything. But I love seeing other people having all the feels for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking to CC's blog post; I'm off to read it! Hopefully it changes my opinion of the ending (doubtful) since that easily knocked off a couple stars for me :( Glad to see you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I thought that after I finished these two series, I would be done with Shadowhunters. I MIGHT read the upcoming series depending on how I feel, but I really liked Clockwork Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO MANY FEELS. I was so deep in my feels for like a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem! Yea, the ending was kind of.. too forced? but I really liked everything that happened in the book. I'm kind of just glad and sad to see it finally come to a close.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adored this series - Cassandra Clare is genious :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)