April 12, 2013

Discussion: Disqus?



If you've been here for a while and left comments before, you may have noticed that I use Disqus as a platform. When I first switched, I was just trying it out! Some people may not like the look of it, but in my opinion, it was quite similar to Blogger's platform.

Now, after 6 months of using Disqus, I've noticed a few things.

- When you first sign up and comment using Disqus, they send you "Disqus Digest" e-mails every day/week. They were quite annoying, but here's how you turn them off.

- With that being said, I like that Disqus informs you when someone replies to your comment. And also, it doesn't send an e-mail every time someone comments on the same post. ONLY when someone replies do they send you an e-mail.

- It has a really good spam filter! At first, I had BOTH Blogger and Disqus commenting notifications that went to my e-mail and I noticed that the spam never showed up on the Disqus platform, but they did on Blogger. HOWEVER...

- When I first installed Disqus, comments that were posted through phones wouldn't show up because I guess the mobile site didn't support the widgets. This is how I fixed that.

- You have to log in to something to comment, but to me, I didn't really mind. There are multiple ways to sign in as well: Twitter, Facebook, Disqus, Google Plus.

The process of installing Disqus was really easy as they provided all the instructions. And even the part where I had to do a bit of HTML to enable commenting from mobile phones, the site had the instructions laid out clearly. I really like Disqus and would recommend it to anyone who wants to use a commenting platform.

If you use Disqus on your blog, or have commented on a blog that uses Disqus, what do you think about it? Are there any other commenting platforms that you prefer? Or would you prefer the default commenting platforms?

6 comments:

  1. I use it and I love it. I used to get so many spam messages and now I don't get any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it too! My blog is spam free, but I still see the spam that appears on my "Blogger" comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use Disqus, but I wanted to install CommentLuv, so I reverted back to the native Wordpress commenting thingy. If it weren't for CommentLuv though, I'd still be using Disqus - I loved that people were notified when I replied to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TheScienceEnthusiast1130Thu Oct 17, 04:35:00 am

    Spam is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The procedure of setting up Disqus was really simple as they offered all the guidelines. And even the aspect where I had to do a bit of HTML to allow leaving comments from cell cellular phones, the website had the guidelines set out clearly. I really like Disqus and would suggest it to anyone who wants to use a leaving comments system.



    Spybubble gratis

    ReplyDelete
  6. The original and the best digital photography forums established sinced today. Here you can discuss, ask questions or generally debate anything related to digital photography, digital cameras or digital imaging technology. To ease navigation and to give focus there are several forums available, simply click into a forum to begin reading or posting.

    http://bestphotoforum.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)