If you've been here for a while and left comments before, you may have noticed that I use Disqus as a platform. When I first switched, I was just trying it out! Some people may not like the look of it, but in my opinion, it was quite similar to Blogger's platform.
Now, after 6 months of using Disqus, I've noticed a few things.
- When you first sign up and comment using Disqus, they send you "Disqus Digest" e-mails every day/week. They were quite annoying, but here's how you turn them off.
- With that being said, I like that Disqus informs you when someone replies to your comment. And also, it doesn't send an e-mail every time someone comments on the same post. ONLY when someone replies do they send you an e-mail.
- It has a really good spam filter! At first, I had BOTH Blogger and Disqus commenting notifications that went to my e-mail and I noticed that the spam never showed up on the Disqus platform, but they did on Blogger. HOWEVER...
- When I first installed Disqus, comments that were posted through phones wouldn't show up because I guess the mobile site didn't support the widgets. This is how I fixed that.
- You have to log in to something to comment, but to me, I didn't really mind. There are multiple ways to sign in as well: Twitter, Facebook, Disqus, Google Plus.
The process of installing Disqus was really easy as they provided all the instructions. And even the part where I had to do a bit of HTML to enable commenting from mobile phones, the site had the instructions laid out clearly. I really like Disqus and would recommend it to anyone who wants to use a commenting platform.
If you use Disqus on your blog, or have commented on a blog that uses Disqus, what do you think about it? Are there any other commenting platforms that you prefer? Or would you prefer the default commenting platforms?