March 17, 2013

I'M BACK -- not really

So, if you haven't noticed, I've been a bit absent on the blog for the past week. This video will explain it, but just in case you can't watch it, I'll give you a brief overview.

I chose to try and apply for a more academic school because it was more of my type. I didn't expect to get in, and to let you know how much I didn't expect it, I had already made plans to go to a high school close to my house. But I actually got in, and it was bittersweet because some of my friends didn't make it. I know I shouldn't expect everyone to stay with me, but these are people I've been with for like 10 years! Anyways, I got a bunch of crap from a teacher who started telling me that:

1. I would have no social life at this school

My view: I have friends coming with me......

2. I would have to bus every day to school (my bus is at 6:46AM)

My view: She's also very biased about a school called Ross Shepherd, and if I went there I would also have to bus. Although, it's similar to what I could get close to my house and Old Scona is actually an academic school.

3. It would be very academically competitive

My view: Both her sons were accepted but they refused to go, so she has never had actual experience. Therefore, how would she know?! Just because people told her?!

4. I would have to drop my Mandarin and take French

My view: I really don't care.

So why am I back but not really? Well, I'm just going to be scheduling all my reviews and posts for April because I can. Just kidding! I just want a breathing period to be able to read and not worry that there's nothing up on the blog the next day. And also, I'll be gone a few days during April, so it's just good to have more things scheduled. One of the biggest reasons for this breathing period is the explanation above, and also because I want to be ahead of myself. :D



If you can watch the video, here it is! You get a prize if you sit through all 12 minutes of my voice (not). :)




2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure your teacher should be telling you that, trying to dissuade you from attending a certain school. It's your own choice! And if you want to go to Old Scona, then you should. Even if your best friend didn't get in (which sucks). But it's your future and your choice and you should choose whatever you think is best for you!


    LOL at the ending!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sucks even more because I was actually on really good terms with her for the past 2 years, and then BOOM.. I already applied anyways. I'm not saying that she can't have an opinion on this, but she just seemed so... forceful... about it.

    I clicked the button, and then I turned my camera around and it was STILL RECORDING.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)