February 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Characters


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme held by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is:

Top Ten Characters in XXX Genre


I can't choose a specific genre, so I'm just going to pick my favourites characters. In no particular order:

- Clara Gardner from Cynthia Hand's Unearthly series. I just loved the way she progressed through the series.

- Lex Bartleby from Gina Damico's Croak series. She's sarcastic and kick ass, maybe even a bitch sometimes but I loved her.

- Six from Pittacus Lore's Lorien Legacies. Her powers are just so freaking awesome, and she's another kick-ass female as well.

- Katsa from Kristin Cashore's Graceling Realms. She may seem hard on the outside, but she's quite soft on the inside.

- Pretty much everyone from Sarah Dessen's books that was a protagonist. I loved all of them, well the one's I've read anyways.

- Tobias from Veronica Roth's Divergent series. I have no words, I just really love him.

- Augustus Waters from John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. Sweet, loving guy. With a love for metaphors.

- Jake from Moira Young's Dustlands series. Strong, brooding, just all together freaking SWOONWORTHY. But he's also very caring.

- Tucker from Cynthia Hand's Unearthly series. A:LDKFJS:LDKJ

- Po from Kristin Cashore's Graceling Realms. His Grace is awesome, and he cares so much about his family and friends. 


13 comments:

  1. So it seems that I need to read Graceling and Unearthly. Actually, I already knew that, but reading this and your love for the characters just reminds me that I should get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them so much! The concept of Graceling is really interesting, and although slow at points, the overall feeling I had for the books was immense. I haven't actually read Fire yet, but I'm hoping to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Po in Graceling! Such a caring and mischievous figure! Not too sure about Katsa myself. I found her quite hard to empathise with but I am willing to give Graceling another go one day as I do love fantasy and it had such an interesting concept :) Great list, thanks for sharing!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/top-ten-favourite-ya-female-characters.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice in ReaderlandTue Feb 19, 04:03:00 pm

    I absolutely agree with Sarah Dessen's characters, she writes such great & memorable characters! :) My TTT is Favorite Characters from Fairy Tales/Fairy Tale
    Retellings: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/02/18/favorite-characters/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan@ YA? Why Not?Tue Feb 19, 04:32:00 pm

    I love the Dustland series and Jack is such an awesome character! Great pick! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1qt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lex, Katsa and Po are all such great characters - I'm glad to see them on your list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was an amazing character, and his love for Katsa was so sweet! I actually really liked Katsa, I could see why some people wouldn't though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes, it feels as if her characters blend together. Her books always make me so emotional!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no choice but to put them on, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love Katsa too! It's hard not to love Augustus, gosh. I'm excited to see how Clara's journey ends in Boundless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sara (of the Page Sage)Tue Mar 19, 10:33:00 am

    I love Katsa, Po, and Augustus. They're all absolutely amazing characters.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)