February 02, 2013

Review: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand



Hallowed by Cynthia Hand


Author: Twitter | Website | Goodreads

Format: Hardcover
Pages: 403
Series: Unearthly #2
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: January 17, 2012
Read: Jan. 26 - 27, 2013
Source: School Library
Challenge: 2013 Bingo Reading Challenge (Category: Series)

Review


Cynthia Hand's writing is freaking addictive! I kept on ripping through the pages and found myself having to slow down a bit just so I actually got in every detail. This will be a really short review, since I really don't have much to say except that it was brilliant!

I'm a sucker for romance, but when it comes to love triangles it has to be well written. The love triangle in here was believable on both accounts, and although I had a clear winner in my mind, I found myself swooning for both guys. It'll definitely be interesting to find out who Clara ends up with.

This book was driven by characters and their developments, relationships, secrets, and also visions that Clara were having yet again. There were so many relationships that fell apart and came back together, secrets waiting to be told. These were the things that kept me reading, wanting to find out how everything folds out.

Also, new characters are introduced throughout the book and each of them are actually very intriguing. A few were actually a surprise, but I can't say too much about that. I can't wait to see what part they'll play later on in the series.

Like I said, this is a very short review, just because I don't want to say too much. I went through a turmoil of emotions, laughing, tearing up a bit, swooning, just a bit of everything. This is definitely the best angel series ever, now I'll just have to see how it ends! To sum up the book, this is what I felt like:


5 Star photo Ratings-5_zps09cab226.png


2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, Leanne :) I'll have to check these out. I'm finally just getting to Finale, though (I'm a bit behind with new releases....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think if you liked that series, you'll love this one. It's a lot better in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)