February 07, 2013

Review: Boundless by Cynthia Hand




Boundless by Cynthia Hand


Author: Twitter | Website | Goodreads

Format: Hardcover
Pages: 448
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: January 22, 2013
Read: January 31 - February 1, 2013
Source: School Library
Challenge: Bingo Reading Challenge (Category: 2013 Releases)


Review


Boundless was a perfect conclusion to such a great series. Often, we have series that start out strong and then kind of... fade off in the end, however this series managed to keep me interested throughout the whole thing.

There are many things I want to say, but I know I can't -- otherwise it'll spoil a lot. However, I want to talk about Clara. She's becoming a lot more mature throughout the series with what she's been through. I like her a lot more now, than in the beginning, because her decisions became more selfless, especially when it came to people she cared about. What I liked most about this book was watching Clara as she got a hold of her powers, and understood all the things she could do. It was like... watching her become an angel adult. However, she also had to accept the fact that, because she was an angel, her life would never be "just normal".

What would this book be without the love? It's one of the most important things in the story! People reading this book will either have their hearts broken, or be extremely happy about the way it ended. I loved the way Cynthia Hand made things work out in the end for all of them, even if it was a little sad for one person. That's what they call life, it can be kind of disappointing at times.

I loved watching all the characters grow and develop, become more understanding of one another's needs and wants. Each one of them, no matter how minor, were going through different things; death, loss, love.

This series is now officially one of my favourites, with the way it pulled me in and held my attention through the whole story, and also with the way it ended. Some things were lost, but others weren't -- it all worked out in the end. Like it said in the books, "being happy is when you want something you already have."

5 Star photo Ratings-5_zps09cab226.png


2 comments:

  1. Yes! I loved the growth in Clara through this series. SHe is easily one of my favorite protagonists ever. So happy to see that you loved this one just as I did. It's pretty long and I just breezed through it! It could have easily been 500 more pages and kept me sucked in. Wonderful review, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I went through it really quickly too! Although it felt a bit longer because I read in between classes, or during classes. It was too good! Thanks, Jenni! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)