January 13, 2013

Sunday Update: High School


Sunday Updates are where I link you up to the past week's posts and something to look forward to in the next week.


Posts



New Books

  • Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
  • Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman
  • Every Day by David Levithan

Message


I was actually ahead of the blog last last week when I had a couple of things scheduled for the past week. Then school started... and I fell into my regular routine of posting things last minute.

So applications for Old Scona Academic School are up! If you don't live in Edmonton then let me tell you that Old Scona is... an academic school and it's freaking hard to get into. Once you get in, it's like hard labour and homework everyday for at least 2 hours (from what I hear).

Now here's why I'm talking about this... even if I don't get accepted into Old Scona, I will still be taking Full IB at the school I know I'll be going to. Therefore, I'll still have piles of homework and probably won't be able to do much blogging or reading. Just a warning for now, grade 10 shouldn't be that horrible though! :)

The best thing that happened this week was our Edmonton Book Blogger potluck. That was just amazing! I got Every Day as an exchange gift from Megan at Megan Likes Books. There was so much food and I just completely stuffed myself. I'm sure we all had an amazing time talking about bookish things, eating, and then talking about other things as well.

Happy reading everyone! :)

10 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of falling behind, over the Christmas break I had stuff scheduled and I got a lot done, then I was back to work and fell in a reading/blogging slump.
    Good luck getting into that school! I'm also glad you had fun at your party with the other bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy Everyday! And don't let too much school get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I will too, and that you'll like Ashfall. :) I'll try not to, there's so much work one day, and then the next when there's none, I just find myself occupied with other things. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here!! I didn't read for a week until just yesterday, and I only finished 100 pages. Although it was because I had that book blogger meet up :)

    Thanks, Kelsey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Every Day -- I've heard it's AWESOME.


    I totally get being busy ... I can't even imagine going back to school right now because I like having all my free time. I wish you luck, though, with getting in -- that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole premise of the story sounds so cool!

    I wish I had a lot more free time, I could do so many things. Thanks, Kristilyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily's Reading RoomSun Jan 13, 07:58:00 pm

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the admissions process!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Old Scona and Strathcona the same school? That's one of the one's I'm looking at for my son.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old Scona is the academic one, Strathcona is the... normal(?) one.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)