December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays: New Authors 2012


Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and a topic is posted each week for bloggers and readers to answer!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Favourite New-To-Me Authors of 2012

- Veronica Roth: I have no words for her awesomeness, she was so cool at the Edmonton signing!

- Marissa Meyer: Cinder was an awesome twist on the classical Cinderella!

- Christopher Paolini: He introduced me to a genre I didn't know I would like, let alone ADORE! I wish I could have gone to the signing when he came, but I didn't even read his books yet!

- Gina Damico: Her books were so funny I couldn't help falling in love with it.

- Lauren Oliver: Just awesome writing.

- Kristin Hannah: Thanks for making me cry!

- Beth Revis: She was hilarious at the signing, and her book is so awesome! The fact that she likes Doctor Who is a major PLUS!

- Alexander Gordon Smith: His books were so intriguing and I just couldn't stop reading them!! Waiting to get my hands on Fugitives!

- Gayle Forman: Absolutely fell in love with If I Stay and Where She Went

- John Green: **Not exactly new, I read Paper Towns a few years ago, but he became a favourite author this year. He is perhaps, my number one favourite author ever.




4 comments:

  1. Alice in ReaderlandTue Dec 11, 11:12:00 am

    I really want to read the 'Across the Universe' trilogy, and I'm excited for Gayle Forman's 'Just One Day' coming out next year! My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/top-ten-favorite-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2012/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great authors on your list, Leanne! I think the new ones for me were Beth Revis (SO MUCH LOVE!), Lauren Oliver, and Veronica Roth. I also think I really "got" John Green this year. I love finding an awesome writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Across the Universe was AWESOME!! :) I can't wait for Just One Day too! It sounds awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these authors are just awesome! They need to get like, a sticker for awesomeness. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)