December 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Books of 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme held by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:

Top Ten Books I Read in 2012

  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: I have no words to describe how AMAZING this book was. Just know that I'm still thinking about it after a month.
  • Night Road by Kristin Hannah: This book made me laugh, smile, but most of all, it made me bawl my eyes out. I've said this so many times, but I'll say it again, I couldn't even open the book without crying! Just looking at it made me want to cry.
  • Croak and Scorch by Gina Damico: This was a new found series and author for me and I absolutely loved it! Her books are serious, but hilarious as well. The characters and their relationships were believable and I didn't have to question it. LOVED it!
  • Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth: Holy crap. Again, I have no words at all for these two books. They were just amazing. I absolutely loved the world Veronica Roth had created and everything was just so intriguing.
  • Blood Red Road by Moira Young: Another very amazing dystopian. I can't wait to continue on and read Rebel Heart!
  • Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini: I was intimidated by the sizes of these books at first, but once I started reading the first book, I loved it. Even though the last one was 850 pages (the largest book I've read), it was absolutely amazing and actually didn't feel that long!
  • The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore: This is the third book of the Lorien Legacies/ I Am Number Four series. I've got to say that this one is probably my favourite because there was so much action and I just went through it so quickly!
  • Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen: My first Sarah Dessen book was a blast! I was wrapped up in emotions and the story wasn't just a cute little story but actually dealt with quite a few things!
  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis: Yay for dystopians! I loved this book so much, I don't know how to convey it into words.
  • If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman: This is the last one, but this list isn't in order, haha. I LOVED this series and I can't explain what I went through. It was just so amazing.

7 comments:

  1. There are some books here I have been meaning to read! I want to reread If I Stay + Where She Went. Great list! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two books were amazing! I think most of the books here are ones that I would reread if I had the time. Thanks, Elena! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books on your list, Leanne! I loved a lot of these, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list, Leanne! :D Scorch, Croak, and Insurgent are definitely on mine for this year, too! ;D (I read Divergent last year though :P haha) You've got some great ones on here though, and I'll definitely have to finally get to some of the ones I haven't read yet, like If I Stay and Where She Went! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for introducing me to the Croak series! :) If I Stay and Where She Went was an awesome series. It's a quick read as well, but an amazing story. Hope you'll enjoy it whenever you get around to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome! :D I'm glad that you love them so much! :D Glad to hear that! Me too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)