November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books/Authors I'm Thankful For


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme held by The Broke and the Bookish and it features a new list every Tuesday.

This week's list: Top Ten Books/Authors I'm Thankful For

Even though Thanksgivings in Canada has already passed, it's Thanksgivings down in the states. :D I'm going to put series as well, because there are several series that I absolutely LOVE.

- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini:
My brother read this years before I did, but I never picked it up because I thought I didn't like fantasy a lot. After I finished the series, I wanted to read it again but I  had too many other books to read.

- Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore:
I thought this was for boys but I was proved wrong. It was beyond awesome and became one of my favourite series! (My review for the third installment, The Rise of Nine)

- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling:
This series was the one to really get me reading, therefore I'm thankful for it.

- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green:
Aha, finally, a contemporary! The first book I read by John Green was Paper Towns and I loved it. I still have to read two more, but this one is by far my favourite. (My review)

- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare:
Another series that pushed me into the crazed reading I do now! I liked it as a trilogy more though...

- Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer:
Again, pushed me into reading like crazy!

- Croak Series by Gina Damico:
I recently found another favourite series, and although it's not complete yet, I'm sure it will be awesome! (My review of Croak and Scorch, both were ARCs)

- Night Road by Kristin Hannah:
This seriously made me cry more than ever! I was completely bawling my eyes out. It also got me wanting to read more YA contemporaries as well, and I think it was this one that sort of pulled me away from all that paranormal romance crap. Don't worry, I still love Twilight guys! (My review)

- The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Han:
This was a trilogy that had me crying the whole time, and I absolutely loved it!

- Graceling Realms by Kristin Cashore:
Man, I love the whole concept of these books. Although I didn't read fire, but Graceling and Bitterblue were amazing! (My review of Bitterblue)

9 comments:

  1. That is a great list of books, Leanne! I've read a lot of those, and plan to read the others. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list! I've loved the books I've read from JK - and I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars now. I'll have to check out some of the other authors & books you mentioned.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy @ Somewhere Only We KnowTue Nov 20, 06:16:00 pm

    New follower! Yay for JK Rowling and Stephenie Meyer. I'm a big Mortal Instruments fan even though it didn't make my list. And I really enjoyed the Graceling series too. Great list.

    Check out my TTT.



    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so with you on Mortal Instruments staying a trilogy. To be fair, I haven't read #5 yet because I'm holding out, pretending it was a trilogy. Kind of like Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for books that made us into the readers we are today! I am eternally grateful to HP and Jo for that. And I WILL make it one of my New Year's Resolutions to read all of John Green's books, just you wait and see!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I always read them once they come out, but yea, I seriously prefer it as a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry Potter is the BEST! Haha, I will be waiting to hear your thoughts on those ones. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Harry Potter! I don't feel like reading The Casual Vacancy though, just because it isn't something that appeals to me! Oh my god!! The Fault in Our Stars is AMAZING! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)