November 11, 2012

Sunday Update: Busy busy busy!

It has been a terribly busy week for me, meaning the blog hasn't been really busy. Sorry about that, but I will still link you up to the very minimal amount of events that went on over the past week.

Posts


Books Bought (whoops!)


News


Okay, I'll just lay out the entire week for you.

Sunday: I had a piano recital that morning, so after I finished that, my dad and I went to Costco. Like usual, I approached the book section and saw the box set and just kind of stood there contemplating whether or not to buy it. My friends said it's really good, and it was half the price it usually is if you buy it at Chapters or whatever. In the end, I ended up buying it. NO, I do not know when I will read it, but hopefully soon! After that, I had piano and theory lessons from 2 til 6. Ate. Showered. Did the rest of my homework.

Monday: Okay, admittedly, this day was uneventful. You know those days where you just don't feel like reading? Yea, today was one of them.

Tuesday: Presidential Election!! I had to watch and see the results, so I was up until 10:30 waiting for Romney to concede, and then ended up sleeping because it was getting late and I had school the next day.

Wednesday: Today was the day Mother Nature decided to dump snow on us. 30 centimetres of it. Around 15 inches I guess? It was crazy. My brother's bus didn't come so my dad had to drive him to the bus station and they got stuck in traffic. While waiting for my dad to come home I shovelled a path for the car and a part of the sidewalk, leaving the walkway to our door covered in snow. I was at school for the second bell, but they didn't care about the late people, so they let us go. (: When I came home, sadly, there was at least 30 cm of snow piled on our driveway. Starting at 5PM, my brother and I began clearing the driveway and sidewalk. The worst part of it was that the snow was heavy and wet!! It took us 2 hours, and seeing that our neighbours -ones that we never talk to- were also shovelling snow, we went on to help them. At the end of the day, I was sore and my body hurt, but I felt good about helping people!

Thursday: After that snowstorm, the roads were still horrible. My ride got stuck in traffic and I was stuck in my school until 5. By the way, my ride is my friend's mom, so they ended up staying over for dinner. They left around 9 and I still had to shower, needless to say, I did not have time for reading and I was tired as well! At least I had no homework.

Friday: We had our Remembrance Day assembly at school today, so I ended up skipping 3 classes because I was in jazz band and had to play the anthem for the assemblies. Even without going to 3 classes, I got a pile of homework. And there were 2 other assignments from the classes I missed but I never got to ask because all the teachers that could leave early did so they wouldn't get stuck in traffic. And then there were the angry tweets, I AM TERRIBLY SORRY (especially to Jenni who saw words that she didn't like). I apologize for my use of profanities.

Saturday: Oh yea, my brother is at my cousin's house and they live on the opposite side of the city which sucks because we never get to see them. My dad for some odd reason hates letting me go over, so I'm stuck at home. I'm actually typing this up today, so maybe I will read today. But I have to catch up with a few TV shows! Haha.

So that's a rundown of my week, happy reading! Oh! I finally updated my photography page!! It IS also Remembrance Day in Canada, a day to remember all those soldiers who fought for our country and some who didn't survive. Lest We Forget.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you've been busy! The snow is a pain in the butt it seems ... I've been in the house for 4 days, but have to work tomorrow, so I'll brave the road. Hubs says they're still terrible! Hope you can find time to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! The roads have been getting better though, so you should be all right! :D Haha, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for A Song of Fire & Ice!!! :D Love that series!!! I hope you like it when you get the chance to read it, Leanne. :)



    And it definitely sounds like you had a busy week. I did, too...didn't do much in the way of blogging or reading because of it. Hopefully our snow will melt pretty soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't resist!! Haha, my books are piling up!! :/

    It seems like all the teachers decided to give us homework all at once... and exams too. ):

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never resist a good deal on books I want to read...so I totally get it! haha Mine are, too! lol I'm asking for a new bookshelf for Christmas...and a CrockPot! haha I'm turning domestic or something. :P lol



    Unfortunately that's how it always seems to go, it sucks sometimes! Hopefully you'll kick that homework's butt, and you'll ace all your exams. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)