October 21, 2012

Sunday Update: E-book?!

Hi everyone!! Here's my weekly Sunday Update, in which I link up last week's posts, books received, and also a small part informing you of upcoming events.

Posts


Books Borrowed


Books Gifted


News


I know right, an E-BOOK? For those who know me (Edmontonian bloggers), I prefer physical books that I can hold in my hand and actually flip the page. Princess was actually a gift that just popped up in my e-mail, and I saw that the only format it came in was an e-book. So I thought, why not give it a try?! Anyways, I was confused because it only let me download into Kindle Cloud Reader, and I didn't have a Kindle. Luckily, it was an easy process and I just downloaded the app onto my computer. I still find it weird that I can read a book from my computer!

Anyways, I freaked out so much when I got Bitterblue. I have a couple of other books held at my school library: Burn For Burn by Jenny Han, Heaven by Alexandra Adornetto, and Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. I LOVED Jenny Han's Summer Trilogy, Heaven is the third book in Alexandra's Halo series, and I've heard great things about Tiger Lily. It's an adaptation of Peter Pan!!

One more piece of news, I asked my best friends if they wanted to occasionally post guest reviews on my blog, and they said yes! Look forward to those! :D

That's all I have for this week, happy reading everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I heard Tiger Lily was good - can't wait to see what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for ebooks! Do you have an ereader? It's pretty easy to convert Kindle books to go on another reader ... I have the Jenny Han series! I need to read it! I've heard awesome things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope! When I get one and if I have trouble, I'll just ask one of you guys. :D Haha, that should be your next "Book Hoarders" selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I just lost my whole comment when I logged into my disquis account! BOOOOO.

    Anyway, I think i said something like: "must finish Summer series and must write up review of 2nd book...still not on board with e-readers...*yet*...and that's awesome that your friends are gonna guest post for you!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on ebooks - I'm not a huge fan. Nothing can compare to a physical book that you can hold and flip pages!! But I have found out this year that it isn't the most painful experience in the world to read ebooks from NetGalley and Edelweiss on the tiny screen of my iPod Touch, so I've been doing that a lot. I certainly don't plan on getting an ereader anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What?! ):

    Haha, I'm looking forward to your reviews Brie! Yea, me neither... I don't know when I'm going to get around to actually reading those e-books, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA, same here! I've been trying to read Pride and Prejudice on my iPod..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)