October 13, 2012

Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman


Where She Went by Gayle Forman


Author: Twitter | Website | Goodreads

Format: Paperback
Pages: 260
Series: If I Stay #2
Publisher: Speak
Published: April 17, 2012
Source: My friend








Review


Admittedly, when I first started reading, I thought Mia was smoking, and taking anxiety pills and complaining about how shitty her life was, and my heart broke. But it was actually Adam, and I felt even worse. Where She Went is three years after If I Stay, and we find out that Mia had gotten accepted to Julliard and then after a while, cut off contact with Adam.

After she basically walked out on him, he was devastated and started writing songs because he was so heartbroken. With that came the rise of his band, Shooting Star, but then after a while, only he was getting the publicity, the interviews. And even that part of his life was ruined, the music, basically his life. So you can just imagine why he became all depressed.

Where She Went was so meaningful but also sad. Adam and Mia are completely different people, they're both achieving their dreams, but Adam just wants Mia back. Amazing how just in a couple of days, Gayle Forman managed to put me in tears again. At first they just avoided even mentioning anything from their past, anything that they used to do, but after a while, they finally come clean.

On the note of Adam being a rock star, we get to see how a rock star life really is. I'm not saying it's like this for everyone, but I"m pretty sure it is for some of them! Of how they're constantly being chased down by paparazzi, and the way that they never really have any kind of freedom or privacy at all. Sometimes, we forget that rock stars are people too, how would we feel if people were constantly taking pictures of our every move, questioning us about it? I bet some people would love the attention, but I'd like my privacy as well!

I feel like If I Stay and Where She Went are both amazing as stand alone books, but together, they're even better. Like If I Stay, it also gave small flashbacks to the past, so the reader can really get to know of Mia and Adam's love for each other. This book was about being honest and also about second chances. I'm looking forward to more books by Gayle Forman, maybe even another book after Where She Went.

Read Other Reviews by:

Kristiyln from Reading in Winter
Jenni from Alluring Reads
Rola from xo'reads




2 comments:

  1. I loved this book -- not as much as If I Stay, but it was still nice to have that closure with the series. I'm glad you loved it! Thanks for sharing, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I Stay was more heart breaking! But it still hurt seeing Adam so depressed!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)