October 04, 2012

Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver



Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


Author: Website | Twitter | Goodreads

Format: Hardcover
Pages: 375
Series: Delirium #2
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: February 28, 2012
Source: School Library










Review


Lauren Oliver, why must you do this to me? The ending, oh my god, the ENDING! I will NOT spoil it for anyone but just, ugh. I was expecting it during the last few pages -- and even from the beginning -- because there were obvious clues, but things happened in between as well! But instead of raging over the ending, I'll talk about all the goodness that happened in between!

By the way, there WILL be spoilers from Delirium, so watch out if you don't want any spoilers.

So we see Alex being attacked by the regulators and the blood seeping through his shirt. After that, Lena just stumbles through the wilds because she's injured as well. She's finally found by a homestead near Rochester, and they take her in. I loved the way Pandemonium actually switches between past and present -- past being the time she spent in the wilds, and present being the time she spent in Brooklyn and New York. It was neat the way the two stories kind of weaved into each other, and also how a lot of the times, she described herself as two different people, and you can clearly see the differences between her during "now" and "then".

With some characters, I didn't like them a lot. Mainly because they were kind of closed off, or maybe seen as an antagonist, but later on, I really started to like them. That was mainly what caused me to be so frustrated now because of the ending. One of the characters, Tack, was weird to me because he was so cold, and there would be times where he was unusually warm towards Lena.

Throughout Pandemonium, I could clearly see as she put layer upon layer over herself. She became an entirely different person, and in the end it was nice to see her become herself once again, not the one in Portland, but the one who wanted to be in the Wilds -- the one who was in love.

I think this was way better than Delirium. I know a lot of people have different opinions, but I absolutely LOVED Pandemonium, why does Requiem have to come out in March?! If you loved Delirium, then I pretty sure this one won't be a disappointment.

Read other reviews from:

Kristilyn at Reading in Winter
Jenni at Alluring Reads





4 comments:

  1. Eep! I only read up until you mentioned spoilers and you already have me excited! Haha. I haven't read Delirium yet *gasp* I know!! BUT! I just got it last month so I will be reading it since I've heard from pretty much everyone it rocked!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll love it like I did!! It is SO good, looking forward to your review!

      Delete
  2. This is such a good series! I'm not sure what I loved more ... Delirium or Pandemonium. They're both sooo good! I can't wait to try out Requiem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe we have to wait so long for Requiem! I'm going to die!

      Delete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)