September 22, 2012

Book "Playlist"

So for my birthday, my friend, Taya, typed up a list of books I should read as a present. A book playlist as she called it. Ambur from Burning Impossibly Bright saw the picture of my wall collage and asked me what books were on there. So instead of making a super long comment, I decided to just put it on the blog. Ones that are crossed out I've already read, and the highlighted ones are the ones I really want to read.
  1. The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare
  2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
  3. Matched by Allie Condie
  4. Fallen by Lauren Kate
  5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  6. Looking for Alaska by John Green
  7. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
  8. The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
  9. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  10. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hossesini
  11. The Help by Katheryn Stockett
  12. The Book Thief by Markus Zusaks
  13. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
  14. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
  15. Wake Series by Lisa McMann
  16. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
  17. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
  18. Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout
  19. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
  20. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
  21. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
  22. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky
  23. The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forestre
  24. Sister of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares
  25. Magyk by Angie Sage
  26. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
  27. Enendymion Springs by Matthew Skelton
  28. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
  29. Ghost Girl by Tonya Hurley
  30. Malice by Chris Woodling

9 comments:

  1. The Kite Runner! A Wrinkle in Time! The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!! Gayle Forman! Kendare Blake!

    So many great books! :)

    I really should make a list, but I'm TERRIBLE at sticking to them. I just read by mood.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can through at least half of these by June of next year!! Sometimes, after reading an overwhelmingly good book, and then reading another book, it always seems like a letdown.

      Delete
  2. Awe! Thanks for sharing this, Leanne! You've totally sated my curiosity! :D

    It's a pretty great list, Leanne! :D I have a bunch of these ones, and I'd be happy to borrow you some of them if you like. I don't have all of the ones you've got highlighted though. :P

    I have Matched, Fallen, The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, The Vampire Diaries, If I Stay, Where She Went, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower out of the ones you haven't read yet. :) My cousin has my copies of The Vampire Diaries, but if you want to borrow the others, let me know and I'll bring em to the next meetup. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy moly!! Hmm, I'll borrow The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska. The friend who typed this up for me is letting me borrow If I Stay and Where She Went :D

      Delete
    2. haha okay :) I'll remember to bring them next time we meetup. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooooh great list! I've been wanting to re-read A Wrinkle in Time for a long time now - I remember loving it when I was young. And yes to A Fault in Our Stars! That was the first YA book I ever reviewed on my blog, and I loved it. And The Golden Compass!! I also loved that one, but never read the rest of the series. Must go back and re-read it! Thanks for sharing your list - makes me want to make one of my own :) It feels good to cross things off a list, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Golden Compass and A Wrinkle in Time are both Novel Studies at my school! We were supposed to do The Golden Compass this year, but then my teacher wanted to The Hunger Games, so yea..

    It feels awesome crossing things off the list, I feel so proud of myself when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the idea of a Book Playlist. Totally stealing it!


    Oh, and It's Kind of a Funny Story is fantastic. Big fan of it, and the movie is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be looking forward to yours then! I LOVE the cover of it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)