September 28, 2012

6 months...

It's been roughly 6 months since I started the blog, but only about 3 since I really started dedicating myself to blogging. Here's the stupid sappy story of how my blog came to be:

If you thought Escaping With Books was just a random name, it isn't. I was having a hard time with friends at school and I just found comfort in books and sometimes read for hours because I didn't have to care about anything else. Even when I started the blog, it was on a whim of hoping to get views, and I thought it would be a phase that I'd get over with. Now I'm sort of in love with blogging.


The views I get might not be a lot to.. a lot.. of bloggers, but I appreciate every view I get. I still get a bit flabbergasted sometimes when I find that people actually will take the time to read my blog, and I just want to hug my computer every time. Don't even get me started on the comments, when people comment, I feel like I could kiss my computer. I just can't believe I'm getting as much readership as I am!

Another thing that I never thought would happen was meeting up with bloggers in "real" life. I've met so many lovely bloggers online (and yes, my mom HAS warned me about meeting people online), and I've been so fortunate to have actually met them. I've always been a bit socially awkward with people I first meet, but since they're all crazy about books, I felt like I belonged. I hope we can keep in touch for years to come, it's quite awesome when you think of how books bring people together.

One day, I could probably create a picture montage of my blogging days because I'm sure one day, I'll be too busy to actually post reviews. But that day is definitely not today, and it's nowhere in the near future as far as I can tell. Hopefully there will be years of blogging still, and more bloggers to meet as well. 

I hope everyone has a lovely day, and enjoyed this random post I just felt like I needed to post.

P.S. I should also mention that I love looking at blog designs and ATTEMPTING to create cool buttons (that always end up getting deleted).

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on 6 months of blogging, Leanne! I feel the same way about getting comments ... I remember when I started YEARS ago, I never got them, or when I did, i wouldn't comment back. I took them for granted. NOW, I make to sure comment back and visit blogs ... I love my readers!

    I hope you have some more luck creating buttons -- all you need to do is play, play, play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristilyn! You comment the most!! :D Sometimes I'm not sure what to say, so I just say thank you, or something along the lines of that.

      I'm just playing around with all the different tools for now.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you've stuck with your blog for 6 months! And I've found that there are lots of great people in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! At first, I never really commented on blogs or anything. Just kind of sat in my corner running my own blog, but it's awesome to have met so many people!

      Delete
  3. This was a really sweet post. I was the same way in jr. high, going through some difficult times and always always reading. It was totally a comfort thing. But now it's a life long love!

    It's too bad I didn't have a blogging community back then. Oh, I had the internet... Dial up modem and all there was to do was bbs (google it lol).

    You can always make time got reading/blogging, it gets harder when you get older but not impossible :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, lots of people have music, or art or something, we have books!! :D

      Is it Bulletin Board System? That was the only thing I could find, other than Bird Breeding Survey.. don't think that's right!! HAHA.

      Haha, especially since you have kids to take care of now, and I have Uni coming up in a few years too... I don't think I'd abandon this blog though!!

      Delete
  4. Aw, congrats on 6 months! Crazy how fast time flies, hey? I love comments too! It just enriches the whole experience. Even when it's just a "yup, I agree with everything you just posted!" ;) Sometimes I find myself at a loss of what to say in my comment, but I usually want that blogger to know that I DID read their post and I enjoyed it, even if I don't have a lot to say at it per se, ya know?

    Sometimes I'm *jealous* that you get to start your book blog at such a younger age! Think of all the books and place your blog may take you - not to mention the record of your book reading it will keep for you! That's pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brie! Every comment counts! :D I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes, there isn't exactly a "good" reply, so I kind of just sit there..

      I'm so glad I did!! Even though I don't always have transportation when I need it to meet up with you guys, I mean, I still met you -- it's awesome! I love this little book log, haha. Hope you're having fun in Nova Scotia!

      Delete
  5. Leanne, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm so beyond impressed at how sharp you are, how dedicated you've been with this, and how wise beyond you're years you seem. I'm super proud of you, actually. You're half our age and are kicking our asses at this stuff! Keep it up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thank you so much Rick!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)