August 31, 2012

Top Ten Bookish Confessions

I saw a few fellow bloggers doing Top Ten Bookish Confessions and decided to do one myself.

Rick from The-Book-A-Week Project
Laura from Reading In Bed
Brie from Eat Books

I'm not sure if I can actually come up with ten, but I'll try my best! By the way, this isn't in any order, I suck at putting my thoughts in order. They just come to mind as a type.

1. I honestly don't know how people can just NOT read books. It's crazy!! I mean, why not seclude yourself for a few hours and go into a fictional world with fictional characters!?

2. When I REALLY REALLY LOVE a book, and I meet someone who doesn't, I try hard not to flinch.

3. I try to match my bookmarks to my books... is that weird?

4. I love taking the jackets off to see the inside, and I usually don't read with the jacket because it sort of gets in the way sometimes.

5. I always clean my hands before reading a book because I'm scared I'll get it dirty. This sounds more like an OCD confession rather than Bookish Confessions..

6. I judge a book by it's cover. It's pretty much what gets my attention BEFORE I read the the synopsis on the back.

7. I always smell books, new or old, they have they're own smell that I just LOVE. (Okay, now I just sound plain craaazy)

8. The only classic that I've read so far is Anne of Green Gables, but I haven't finished the series yet. I loved it though! HOWEVER, I don't think I'm the kind of person who will enjoy ALL classics, I prefer contemporaries. I've read a bit of Romeo and Juliet and sort of got bored of it.

9. Like Rick from The-Book-A-Week Project, I have such a short memory span. Sometimes, if a book isn't gripping or anything, by the end of the book, I don't even remember what happened in the beginning.

10. I follow a lot of blogs, but I only really READ like.. maybe.. half of them?

6 comments:

  1. I totally feel like flinching when I meet people who don't like the books I love, too. I try not to judge them on it, but it's hard, especially when it's something seriously amazing...then I can't help but kind of suspect that they're crazy. :P lol

    I've never read Anne of Green Gables, but I do love Classics myself. They're not for everyone though, so don't feel bad if you don't really like them. :) Not every book is for everyone after all.

    Thanks for sharing, Leanne! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe WE'RE the crazy ones!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I'm kind of amazed that you have enough bookmarks to be able to match them to the book! I can't even find my bookmarks when I need them.

    I also have a VERY bad memory ... I wish I could recall facts in books like *that!*

    Oh, and I TOTALLY judge books by their covers! You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I usually match colours most of the time. It's a weird habit. I know a lot of people who just rip out a bit of paper and use it as a bookmark!

      Sometimes, I just stop reading and think about what happened before and try to piece everything together. Worst memory ever!!

      Haha, I think quite a few people do, it's really the first thing that you see on a book anyways.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could remember facts from books too! That's one of the main reasons why I started my book blog - so I could work on remembering the books I read. I'd like to be able to tell people SOMETHING about my favorite books other than "Just read it, you'll love it!" lol.

    I smell my books too ;)

    How many bookmarks do you have?!? You should do a post just on your bookmarks, complete with pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I try not to put spoilers and everything, but mostly maybe a basic plot line, things I really liked. Just so I can actually remember WHAT happened.

      Oh my god, AHAHAHA. THAT'S AN AWESOME IDEA.

      Delete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)