August 29, 2012

[Review] The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore



The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore


Format: Hardcover
Pages: 360
Publisher: HarperCollins
Published: August 21, 2012 (Have you realized all of them have been published in August?)
Source: Purchased
Series: Lorien Legacies #3







Review 

(There probably will be spoilers from the last two books)

I have to say, this is probably the best of the series so far. It picks up right after The Power of Six when the fight in Spain ends. They are now headed to India to find another Loric who can actually shape-shift, which I thought was pretty cool. Right from the beginning, The Rise of Nine was jam-packed with bullets, fighting and also use of their Legacies.

What I loved was that I didn't really have to read the first two books over again to remember everything. A lot of the stuff is briefly recapped throughout the book, so it doesn't take long to remember things that happened. It really saved me a lot of time, because I was actually going to re-read the whole series before reading this.. which would've been like torture.

The Rise of Nine was told from Four's, Six's, and Seven's, point of view, which I really liked. Since Four was separated from Six and Seven, it was interesting to see the way their stories weaved into each others'. This way, we got to really know the characters and the way they think. I loved seeing all the different Garde working together, and really, just trying to get along and save themselves.

I found Nine to be quite a bit of a pain in the butt at times, but he was a really cool guy. He seems like a careless and reckless guy, but he still has a soft spot for his Cepan who he had to watch die. He, like all the others, have feelings and connections for his Cepan. Nine was also hilarious, and would always be joking around when things are supposed to be serious. Another character was also introduced, which I can't say because I'd give spoilers, but he was a REALLY fun character.

This was probably the most action-packed novel of the series, and if you loved the others, you'll definitely love this one!! The Rise of Nine was just full of kick-ass characters with kick-ass powers. I wonder when the next book will come out...


Quote


"I look at Nine with a smirk. "Stanley?" I mouth. That's worse than Donald!"


                                                                                           - Four 


Here are a few snapshots of the twitter party that went down on August 29, 9PM EST)

~~~~

~~~~

 
~~~~

~~~~

    
~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

They usually come out in August.. so fingers crossed!
~~~~

Oh man.. 3 MORE BOOKS!! That's a hella long series.. but they are hella good.
~~~~

I think he meant public. Ha ha.
~~~~

~~~~

~~~~ 










4 comments:

  1. I've heard awesome things about this novel! Actually, about the WHOLE series! I won the first book from HarperCollins Canada and really should read it soon ...

    Great review, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of a sci-fi kind of thing, a genre I didn't think I'd be interested in. It's REALLY good, I hope you enjoy it. (:

      Thanks, Kristilyn.

      Delete
  2. Great review! I still have to read the second one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I love these books, absolutely FANTASTIC.

      Delete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)