August 03, 2012

[Book Blogger Hop] August 3-9


The Book Blogger Hop is held by Jen over at Crazy For Books. This week's question is...

When a book goes viral, do you rush out to read it, even if it's not your typical genre ?

I'm not sure, I don't have a specific genre that I always read. I just look around for something that I think I'll like. But the one book that went "viral" that I didn't read was Fifty Shades of Grey. Which I mentioned in an earlier Hop that I probably won't ever read.

6 comments:

  1. Good answer :) I don't base my book choices on how much hype it has. I read the books I want to read.

    Check out my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to like or be interested in a book first, the hype won't get me to read it if I am not even interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, if the synopsis doesn't pull me in, or if it the reviews clearly describe to me something I don't like, I obviously won't read it.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you, no 50 Shades (or any other book that's crazy hyped up) for this girl :)

    http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many ladies out there are going raving about 50 Shades..

      Delete
  4. Yeah, FIFTY SHADES is a series I will never, never, in a million years read. I don't care how many people recommend it. Other viral books, though -- it depends. If it sounds interesting, I'll read it. If it doesn't, I won't.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)