May 01, 2012

Die For Me by Amy Plum









Chapters/Indigo Summary:

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart as well as my life and my family's in jeopardy for a chance at love?



I received this book as part of a contest, and I'm so glad I did. THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. I think I like it so much because of it's the French that's used in here, I'm learning a bit of French, hehe. (I'm Chinese) I'll try to keep this spoiler free

The thing about this book is that it introduces ME to a new world or type of immortals that I haven't come across in any of my books. I love the way Paris is depicted in here, because I haven't been there in over 10 years, which means I was 2 and couldn't remember anything.

I really loved Jules character though, because in the beginning he isn't accepting of Kate, but he becomes all flirtatious and cool about everything. His character is so fun to read about, every time he talks I smile.

Kate is going through so much too, and at times I actually wanted to be there comforting her as well. I love how she loves to read, and how she's so into artwork. I'm not the artsy sort of person, but I still enjoy looking at art, but I don't think I appreciate and understand it as much as Kate does.

Alas, Vincent. He is like the perfect prince charming, and I love him. He says things that are so cliche sometimes, but I love it.

Overall, I loved the determination of Kate, I wish I could have such determination. It would be hard for me to have to go through what she goes through. Great book, Amy Plum, thank you for the contest !! Reading Until I Die right now, can't wait the third book !! (:

Rating:
1 []
2 []
3 []
4 [x]
5 [x]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment down below, anything at all :)